Gas stove flame on kitchen. Blue fire flame from stove.

Dreamstime.com

2 Separate Kitchen Fires Wednesday in St. Peters

The fires focus attention on cooking safety.

April 05, 2018 - 5:08 pm
Categories: 

ST. PETERS, Mo. (KMOX) - Not one, but two separate kitchen fires in St. Peters on Wednesday are focusing attention on cooking safety.
 
Central County Fire and Rescue says a blaze at the Ridgewood Apartments started with the misuse of a microwave, while another fire on Willott Square Drive was a result of unattended cooking.
 
One person was hurt in the fire on Willott Square Drive.
 
The Ridgewood fire was caused by putting foil in the microwave, though no injuries were reported.
 
Central County Fire recommends people stay in the kitchen while frying, grilling or broiling food -- keep a lid nearby when you're cooking to smother small fires, and avoid using water on a grease fire, which will only cause it to spread.