Jackson County Sheriff’s Dept.

Boy Dies 'After Mistaking Father's Meth for Cereal'

Curtis Collman III had 180 times the lethal limit of methamphetamine in his blood stream.

August 06, 2018 - 2:14 pm
Categories: 

It's just about the worst type of story you can imagine - an 8-year-old boy is dead in Indiana, after accidentally ingesting meth that he had mistaken for cereal.

According to The Seymore Tribune, Curtis Collman III had 180 times the lethal limit of methamphetamine in his blood stream.

The father of the 8-year-old, Curtis Collman II, has been charged with neglect that led to the death of his son, and possession of meth.

"Curtis Collman has an obligation to provide medical care to a dependent and failed to provide medical care to a dependent resulting in the neglect charge," a news release says.

Collman is also a registered sex offender, according to the release. Through an investigation by the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, it was determined he had failed to maintain his sex offender registration. Collman has also been charged with failure to register as a sex offender.

If found guilty, he faces up to 40 years in prison.