Vehicle is left charred in the driveway of a home.

(Cottleville Fire Protection District photos)

Firefighters Rescue Unconscious Man From Burning Car In Driveway

The man had a medical emergency, which left him unconscious in his car.

May 16, 2018 - 10:43 am
Categories: 

ST. CHARLES COUNTY (KMOX) -  Cottleville Firefighters saved a man's life as he was sitting unconscious in the front seat of his buring car, Tuesday night. 

The Cottleville Fire Protection District posted the story and photos of the scene on it's Facebook page, saying the fire was "fully involved" when they arrived on the scene around 8:30 p.m.

The district believes the man had a medical emergency, which left him unconcious, while the car was running. They say the car "accidentally caught fire" in a driveway and flames even spread to the house. They pulled the man to safety as the car was left charred.

The man is in stable condition and Cottleville thanked Central County Fire and Rescue and St. Charles County Police Department for their assistance.