Snake survived '12,000 volts' after it caused utility lines to blow

St. Peters firefighters believe the snake crawled into an electrical box and caused the lines to blow which sparked a grass fire around the utility pole.

Sam Masterson
April 27, 2020 - 1:08 pm
snake

(Central County Fire & Rescue, Facebook)

Categories: 

ST. PETERS, Mo (KMOX) - A snake is counting its lucky scales after it survived an explosion of power lines in St. Peters, Mo. this weekend. 

Central County Fire & Rescue posted photos on its Facebook page of a snake and the aftermath of a grass fire it caused. They say the snake had slithered into an electrical box and "caused six major fuse lines on the utility pole to blow, sending sparks to the ground, igniting the grass around the pole."

Related: Neighbors upset by St. Louis mansion to be used as eating disorder treatment facility

The snake "received a 12,000 volt shock," they say.

And somehow, it survived. 

© 2020 KMOX (Entercom). All rights reserved