ice and snowon the road winter cold

Dreamstime.com

Sick of winter? So is the National Weather Service

"After a recent poll, stats confirm that 96% of our followers are tired of winter."

March 08, 2019 - 9:40 am
Categories: 

ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Even the National Weather Service is sick of winter.

The agency's Kansas City area office said in a tweet that "after a recent poll, stats confirm that 96% of our followers are tired of winter." It jokingly added, "The other 4% are wrong."

As of 1 p.m. Wednesday, the office tweeted that the area "actually moved above freezing at KC for the first time in 5 days!" adding #BabySteps.

Here in St. Louis, the National Weather Service has officially recorded 16.6 inches of snow since the beginning of December. It's the highest total since the 2013-2014 winter, where we received 27.2 inches of snow.

© 2019 KMOX (Entercom). All rights reserved.